Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Everyone likes mashed potatoes. How can you not love them? This recipe is a complete meal on its own and will leave you wanting more.
- 3 pounds of white or red potatoes
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed and minced
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of grounded black pepper
- 1 and ½ teaspoon of table salt or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, minced
- Cheese spread
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into half or quarters
- In a large bowl, place the potato cubes, fresh garlic cloves, salt, pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the coated potatoes in a large baking pan and roast in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes. Making sure to flip the potatoes to the other side every 15 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes vigorously. Transfer into a serving dish and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Drizzle a moderate amount of cheddar cheese/butter/or sour cream on top. Serve while still hot.
Number of Servings: 7 – 8 servings of roasted garlic mashed potatoes.