Roasted chicken with garlic sauce is one of the best recipes you will ever come across. The smoky flavor of the chicken is perfectly complemented by the strong and savory flavor of the garlic sauce.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- ¾ teaspoon of table salt
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cloves
- 2 bulbs of fresh peeled garlic
- 5 pounds or 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 can or 13 ounces of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat the oven to about 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, oregano, salt, cumin, cloves and cinnamon together.
- Rub the mixture all over the whole chicken, making sure to get the spices under the chicken skin as well.
- Cut ¼ to ½ inch off the heads of the garlic bulbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the chicken and the fresh peeled garlic in a large roasting pan, and cook in the oven at about 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly, and the garlic is soft and caramelized.
- Squeeze the garlic from the skins and place into a small bowl. Mash garlic until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, pour 2 tablespoons of the chicken fat drippings. Add flour and whisk for about 1 minute for medium heat.
- Gradually add the remaining fat drippings, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer chicken into a serving platter and gravy into a separate gravy boat. Serve.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of chicken with garlic sauce.