Why not try pickling garlic? This is a fairly easy recipe that yields the most delicious pickled garlic, ever.
- ½ pound of fresh garlic
- 1 piece of large green bell pepper
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon of black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon of dill seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Chop the green bell pepper.
- Combine the cider vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan. Add the mustard seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, dill seeds and bay leaf in the liquid mixture. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bell pepper in the saucepan, continue to boil for about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the mixture in a sterile, air-tight jar together with the liquid. Place in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 weeks before serving.
Number of Servings: 1 pint jar of pickled garlic.