There is something therapeutic in ingredient preparation. I think it’s the routine of the process that makes it so relaxing. Minced garlic is a common ingredient in many dishes, and with these easy steps, you’ll be mincing garlic like a pro in no time at all.
- 1 to 2 bulbs of large garlic
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Peel the excess layers of garlic skin and separate the individual cloves by pressing down the garlic with your palms. You can also press using the flat blade of a chef’s knife.
- Remove the individual clove from the remaining skin, and cut off the hard portion at the end that’s attached to the bulb.
- Smash the garlic with the flat blade of the knife, and then make long thin slices.
- Rotate the garlic by 90 degrees and cut across the previous slices, chopping the garlic as fine as desired.
Number of Servings: 10 – 20 tablespoons of minced garlic.