The marriage of flavours in this dish between the sweet pumpkin and the fresh peeled garlic is simply divine. If you are going to start your day right, this is the perfect dish. No need to fret if there are leftovers, this soup becomes twice as good as it ages.
- ¼ pumpkin, peeled
- 4 pieces of shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, minced
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Table salt
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds and slice into cubes
- Simmer the pumpkin in a pot with 2 cups of water for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Using a hand blender, blend the pumpkin into a thick puree.
- In a small sauce pan, pour the olive oil.
- Fry the garlic and shallots together until crispy. Avoid burning.
- Pour the pumpkin puree and whole milk.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Simmer the soup for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the soup is heated through.
- Ladle into bowls, top with croutons and basil. Serve while hot.
Number of Servings: 3 servings of pumpkin garlic soup.