Grilled Steak with Garlic Lime Marinade
Fire up the grill for this show stopping steak recipe. Infused with garlic and lime, it has a wonderful explosion of flavours. This will be a hit with your family and friends.
- 6 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, minced
- 1 and ¼ teaspoons of table or sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon of cumin
- ¾ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ cup of lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pieces of ½ inch thick beef sirloin steaks
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat your grill to a high setting
- Using a pestle, grind the fresh garlic, salt, cumin and black pepper in a mortar. Add the lime juice and olive oil little at a time and grind until a smooth paste is achieved.
- Using a pastry brush, glaze the steaks with the marinade and set aside for about 10 to 30 minutes to allow the flavour to infuse.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the grill and then place the sirloin steaks and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness is acquired, while making sure to brush it with additional lime and garlic marinade evenly.
- Remove the steaks from the grill when done and place on a serving dish. Sprinkle the steaks with a dash of salt and pepper and then serve.
Number of Servings: 4 servings.