There’s a running joke about seafood meals, you “see” food and then you eat food. Take the road-less-travelled and dive into a helping of this healthy, yummy, grilled garlic stuffed calamari.
- 1 pound of fresh calamari
- 2 pieces of large sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bulb of onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of fresh peeled garlic
- 1 piece of sweet pimiento, skinned
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Wash and clean the calamari. While holding out the tentacle, pull out the head and cut off the intestines and eyes, remove the backbone, pull off the skin and wash the cavity under running water.
- Sprinkle the calamari with salt and pepper as desired.
- Finely chop the pimiento, onion, tomatoes and fresh garlic together. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Preheat the grill to about 350 to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stuff the calamari cavities with the chopped stuffing and secure the ends with a toothpick.
- Grill the s calamari for about 4 to 5 minutes, while constantly rolling the s calamari as you cook. Avoid not to overcook the calamari as it turns rubbery in texture.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Serve.
Number of servings: 2 to 3 servings of grilled garlic stuffed calamari.