Burgers are the ultimate comfort food to many people all over the world, but they have been so commercialized nowadays that it’s hard to find a really, really good burger. The search is over. Home-made grilled burgers will satisfy your picky palate with this tasty beef patty recipe.
- 4 pieces of bread torn into pieces
- ¾ cup of semi – sweet wine
- 2 bulbs of onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs of oregano, finely chopped
- 1 piece of egg
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 2 teaspoons of table salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 kilogram of ground beef
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and wine together making sure that all the bread are soaked. Set aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Squeeze out excess wine from the soaked bread and add to the beef.
- Add the onion, fresh garlic, oregano, egg, cheese and mustard to the beef. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Mix the beef by hand, lightly and avoid not to overwork the meat.
- Preheat the grill to about 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shape the ground beef into patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Grill the beef patties for about 5 minutes per side, or until brown, with grill marks and juices runs clear.
- Transfer to serving dish or place on buns with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve.
Number of Servings: 10 servings grilled garlic beef patties.