Start your day a different way with this delicious garlic toast recipe. Best paired with black coffee.
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 loaf of sliced bread, day old is preferred
- 3 tablespoons of romano cheese, grated
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the butter and garlic. Sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly brown and aromatic.
- Toast the bread in an oven toaster until desired brownness is achieved.
- Using a pastry brush, smother the garlic oil into the crevices of the toasted bread. Repeat on the same side.
- Sprinkle garlic bread with cheese and parsley while hot. Transfer to serving plate and serve while warm.
Number of Servings: 1 to 2 servings of garlic toast.