Ah, soup. It nourishes, comforts and renews the soul. It gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling and urges you to explore life’s many mysteries. There is something so nostalgic about soup that I can’t put my finger on. All I know is that this smooth, creamy garlic soup reminds me of mom’s kitchen. The most amazing thing about this soup is that it gets better with age. The flavors are more intense a day after it’s made.
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 16 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 bulbs of onion, sliced
- 6 and ¾ cups of light cream
- 6 and ¾ cups of chicken broth
- Table salt or sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Pour the olive oil into a saucepan and sauté the fresh garlic and onion until soft but not brown.
- Pour in the light cream and chicken broth, bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat and simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Using a hand blender, purée the soup. Alternatively, you can do this using a traditional blender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper as desired.
- Ladle the soup into individual, deep bowls. Top with croutons and serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 4 servings of garlic soup.