This garlic prawn recipe will surely be a hit with seafood lovers. It’s easy to prepare, yet incredibly rich and delicious. Best paired with heaps of steaming, hot rice and fresh juicy garlic. This dish will become your favorite habit.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, other types of oil can be substituted
- 1 to 2 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, crushed
- 2 ounces of butter, unsalted is preferred but can be substituted with salted variety
- 10 to 12 large and fresh raw prawns
- 1 cup of Sprite soda, sweet wine can also be used
- Pinch of table or sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of chili flakes
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Devein the prawns and clean. Set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Mix in the unsalted butter, avoid burning the butter.
- Add in the fresh garlic and let it brown a little.
- Add the prawns and make sure to stir everything well.
- Pour in a cup of Sprite soda.
- Cook continuously for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the prawns until the meat turns into pink.
- Taste to test. Season with salt and ground black pepper if needed.
- Add ½ teaspoon of chili flakes for added kick.
- Place in a large serving dish. Best served at once.
Number of Servings: Serves 2 – 3 of garlic prawns.