While almost nothing beats the taste and character fresh garlic adds to any dish, making garlic powder transforms it into a medium that can be used to further spice up your cooking. Garlic powder is super convenient and you can make your own.
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat the oven to about 200 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the skin of the garlic bulbs and slice thinly, then place the garlic slices on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake the garlic for 1 to 2 hours, or until the garlic is dehydrated and crumbly. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Grind the baked garlic with a mortar and pestle until desired fineness is achieved. Transfer into a small, air-tight container for future use.
Number of Servings: 2 tablespoons of garlic powder.