Pasta dishes are so flexible. They can be cooked with so many ingredients and taste fantastic. For, pasta lovers, here is a recipe that will surely ignite the fire in your heart. Take a detour from the standard, thick, tomato based sauce, and dig into this hearty plate of perfection.
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 head of fresh peeled garlic, crushed then minced
- ¼ cup of sliced sun – dried tomatoes
- 3 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 4 and ½ cups of penne or shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Boil water in a large pan and add the uncooked pasta, making sure the pasta is thoroughly submerged.
- Over medium – high heat, cook the pasta for about 10 – 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, pour the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the garlic until brown.
- Add the basil, peeper, sun – dried tomatoes and broccoli.
- Pour the chicken broth and cover the pan. Cook over low heat for about 3 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked but still crisp.
- Add the cooked pasta and lemon juice in. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer into serving dish and sprinkle heftily with parmesan cheese. Serve.
Number of Servings: 1 – 2 servings of garlic pasta.