Garlic Parmesan Quinoa
Quinoa is known as the “good for you grain”, and for good reason. It’s loaded with proteins. You’ll find yourself craving for this dish 24/7 and that’s a great thing!
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, minced
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ pound of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of basil, finely chopped
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Rinse the quinoa well and cook as instructed in the package, however, use chicken stock instead of water. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Over medium – heat, heat olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Sauté the fresh peeled garlic for about 1 minute, or until slightly golden brown.
- Stir in the quinoa for about 1 minute to toast.
- Add the parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Stir everything well and serve after 15 minutes. Let the garlic and parmesan cheese flavours infuse well.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic parmesan quinoa.