There is something about mashed potatoes that makes you think of home. As you take a spoonful and let it sit in your mouth, all the memories of family dinners shared come rushing back and make you smile, even chuckle for a little while. The sweetness of the roasted garlic complements the mashed potatoes to a tee and provides a whole other level of flavor and best paired with a good piece of steak.
- 6 pieces of medium sized potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of table salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ cup of milk, preferably 2% but you can substitute as desired
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat the oven to about 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub and clean the potatoes, do not peel skin yet.
- Cut ¼ to ½ inch off the top of the garlic cloves and drizzle olive oil on the head of each garlic clove and cover with aluminium foil.
- Boil the potatoes for fifteen minutes and or until potatoes are soft. Set aside and let cool.
- Using a skillet, pour olive oil and stir the rosemary for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the rosemary is fragrant.
- Remove potato skins. Add the roasted garlic and oil - rosemary mixture to the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until fluffy. Add the milk little by little until desired consistency is achieved.
- Transfer mashed potatoes into a serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic mashed potatoes.