Want to entice your family to eat healthy? Whip up a batch of garlic knots using this recipe.
- ½ teaspoon of yeast
- ¾ cup of warm water
- 1 and ¾ cups of bread flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of table salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 4 bulbs of fresh roasted garlic
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Let it sit for a few minutes, until foamy.
- Remove the garlic skin and mince finely as desired.
- Pour the bread flour, sugar, roasted garlic and salt. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to about 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat, clean surface and dump the dough. Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Roll the portions into 6 to 8 inches long strands, and then form them into knots.
- Dip all knots into the melted butter and place on a sheet pan.
- Bake the garlic knots for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Best served warm.
Number of Servings: 20 Servings of garlic knots.