Are the in–laws coming over for dinner and you’re still drawing a blank about what to cook? Impress them with this easy to follow, and easy to cook, tangy, tasty and succulent pork chop dish. It doesn’t take a lot of preparation time, but it won’t fail to wow, every single time.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, sliced
- ½ teaspoon of salt, additional for seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pound of pork chops, boneless is preferred
- 1 and ½ cups of apple cider
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Using a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic for about 1 to minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
- Wash and pat dry pork chops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, flip and repeat on other side.
- Raise the heat to medium – high and cook the pork chops with the fresh garlic for about 7 to 10 minutes or more on each side, or until just cooked through.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the apple cider and nutmeg and raise the heat to a high setting.
- Simmer the apple cider – nutmeg mixture until sauce consistency desired is achieved.
- Transfer pork chops into a serving dish and pour the sauce on top. Serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 4 servings of garlic pork chops.