Fried rice is a great way to utilize your left-over rice from the day before. On top of that, it’s no doubt yummy and approved comfort in a bowl no matter your mood. When you add Bok Choy and Kale the happiness just permeates!
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of day-old rice
- 2 cups of Kale, chopped
- 2 cups of Bok Choy, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté garlic for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Add the kale and Bok Choy, season with salt as desired. Stir – fry the vegetables for about 1 – 2 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Remove the vegetables and set aside.
- Add the rice, and red chilli pepper while stirring constantly to break up any large chunks of rice.
- Pour the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Return the kale and Bok Choy to the wok and toss to combine.
- Transfer into serving plates and serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 4 servings of garlic fried rice with Bok Choy and Kale.