Fried chicken is an all-time comfort food for kids and adults alike. How can one resist the crisp, savoury fried flavour cooked to a delicious golden brown? There is nothing better than damn good fried chicken, except a damn good garlic fried chicken.
- 1 teaspoon of salt. Iodized or table salt will do
- 1 teaspoon of semi-grounded black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 or more cloves of fresh peeled garlic, grated
- ½ cup of Panko bread crumbs
- ¾ cup of all – purpose flour
- ½ cup of milk. Whole milk variety is recommended but you can substitute
- 1 large, raw egg
- 3 cups of cooking oil. It Is recommended to use high smoke point oils like canola, sunflower or peanut oil
- 1 and ½ pounds of chicken meat, sliced into strips or left on the bone for traditional style. Chef’s choice!
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a wide bowl, combine the salt, ground black pepper, paprika, bread crumbs and all – purpose flour all together. Make sure to mix well and set it aside.
- Mix the egg and whole milk in another bowl. Whisk thoroughly and set it aside.
- Make small cuts in the chicken meat and rub the chicken slices with the grated fresh garlic. Pour in the garlic juice the came out of the grating process as well. Set aside for 1 hour or 2 to let the garlic flavour seep in the meat.
- Dip the chicken slices into the egg and milk mixture, then roll it in the dry ingredients mixture. Make sure to evenly coat all the sides of the chicken slice.
- Using a deep frying pan, pour the cooking oil.
- Wait for the oil to become hot enough, then deep-fry the chicken slices under medium heat for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until the color transforms into a lovely golden brown.
- Use kitchen tongs and take out the garlic fried chicken from the pan. You can use a cooling rack to let the excess cooking oil drip.
- Place in a serving plate and serve immediately.
Number of Servings: Serves 2-3 of garlic fried chicken.