Garlic Chili Sauce on Thai Noodles with Shrimp
Go exotic and oriental with this garlic shrimp Thai noodle recipe with a twist. It’s wonderful for rainy days and lazy weekend nights.
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 8 cups of water
- 3 stalks of green onions, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Thai hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of basil, chopped
- 4 packages of oriental flavoured rice noodles
- 8 ounces of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced and zest grated
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the green onions, carrots, fish sauce, chili sauce, garlic, ginger and basil.
- Add 2 seasoning packets of the rice noodles and boil for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, spinach, mushrooms and noodles and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and zest, stir to combine well.
- Ladle the noodle soup into bowls and serve while hot.
6 servings of chili garlic sauce on Thai noodles with shrimp.