Garlic Cheese Grits made Kentucky Style
Garlic cheese grits are the epitome of the joy of brunch. Now you can enjoy it any day you want with this super quick and easy recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, finely minced
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 dash of hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of quick – cook grits
- ¼ cup of butter
- 12 ounces or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat the oven to about 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, add the milk, egg, garlic and hot pepper sauce together. Whisk to combine.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook the grits for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Remove the grits from the heat and add butter and ½ of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture on the grits and transfer grits into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the cheese is melted and the grits are set.
- Allow the grits to cool down for about 30 minutes. Transfer into serving dish and serve.
10 servings of garlic cheese grits.