The flavor play in this healthy dish is simply to die for. Your kids will love it! It is that delicious. Imagine biting into the crisp exterior, and diving your way into the most flaky and moist fish fillet possible. This just might be the best recipe for broiled garlic tilapia, ever.
- 1 and ½ pounds of tilapia fillets
- 6 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Add the butter, olive oil, lime juice, water and garlic into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir for about 1 to 3 minutes, or until the butter melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry the tilapia fillets.
- Arrange the fillets on a non – stick baking pan, sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste. Repeat on the other side.
- Pour the butter – garlic mixture over the fillets and sprinkle cumin on top.
- Broil the tilapia fillets for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the fillets flake easily.
- Remove from heat and transfer into serving dish and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic broiled tilapia.