Garlic BBQ Chicken
This chicken recipe is so tasty! Ideal for family picnics, weekend BBQs, or potluck parties and just about any celebration you can think of.
- 6 pieces chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Half a lemon, juice extracted
- 1 piece of finger chili
- ½ teaspoon of cilantro, sliced
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat the oven at about 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice off ¼ inch off the tops of the garlic, exposing the individual cloves. Pour olive oil in the exposed cloves, then wrap in aluminium foil.
- Set the foil-wrapped heads of garlic in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when gently pressed. Remove the garlic from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Gently squeeze each clove of garlic into a small bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, chili, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Wash the chicken and pat to dry. Make small slits in the meat for better marinating.
- Add the chicken to the garlic – mayo mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for about 2 hours to let the flavours fuse.
- Preheat the grill.
- Skewer the chicken and grill about 5 to 10 minutes for each side, or until slightly brown and the juices runs clear.
- Remove from heat and transfer into serving dish. Serve.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic barbeque chicken.