One of the best ways to spend a summer’s day is hosting your very own BBQ party. Impress the neighbours and leave them begging for more with this sure hit recipe.
For the short ribs
- 5 pounds of beef short ribs
- 2 bulb of onion
- 4 cloves of fresh peeled garlic
- 2 piece of bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of table salt
- ¼ cup of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cups of tomato catsup
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of water
- ¾ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ cup of French style mustard
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a wide pan, place the beef and submerge in water. Season with, garlic, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, paprika, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Turn on the heat and bring the pot to a boil.
- Remove any sum with a strainer as it appears. Reduce the heat, place cover and let it simmer for about 2 hours, or until the beef is tender. Remember to flip the beef every 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place beef onto a wire rack. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the barbecue sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat the grill at about 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the beef on the grill and baste the beef short ribs with the sauce using a BBQ brush. Cover the grill and cook the beef for about 5 minutes, or until grill marks appear on the bottom side.
- Flip the short ribs, baste with sauce and cover again for 5 minutes. Repeat this process for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and forms a glaze and the beef is cooked through.
- Transfer the remaining sauce on a serving dish and place the beef short ribs. Serve.
Number of Servings: 6 servings garlic BBQ beef short ribs.