The diversity of flavors in this dish, from the peanut sauce, to the fresh garlic - makes this one delicious chicken treat. You can serve this with roasted potatoes, vegetables, or rice on the side for a fun BBQ party.
For the chicken
- 4 pieces of chicken legs
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
For the peanut sauce
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce
- ½ of lemon, juice extracted
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 single piece of fresh peeled garlic, grated
- ¼ of a small onion bulb, grated
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Using a wide container, place the chicken legs in a single layer and marinate it in Worcestershire sauce, fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper for about 6 – 12 hours. Remember to flip the chicken every hour or two.
- Preheat the grill to about 450 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients for the peanut sauce. Apply the peanut sauce to the chicken using a pastry brush and repeat on other side.
- Grill and occasionally baste the chicken legs for about 15 to 20 minutes on one side, or until the grill marks appear. Flip and repeat on the other side. Check if chicken is cooked when juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from heat and transfer to a wire rack.
- Brush more peanut sauce on both sides of the chicken until it thickens. Transfer chicken legs into a serving dish and serve.
Number of Servings: 4 servings garlic barbeque chicken with peanut sauce.