Garlic and Spice Rubbed Roast Turkey Turkey with this recipe that’s sure to lure you back in the turkey lovers club permanently. This savory, and sweet roast turkey is not only flavorful, but also healthy for you.
- 12 pounds of skinless turkey
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 and ¼ teaspoon of table salt
- 3 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
For the Stuffing
- 1 piece of yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 pieces of carrots, chopped
- Aluminium foil, optional
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat your oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine sugar, paprika, cinnamon, salt, fresh peeled garlic, onion and oregano together. Rub all over the outside and inside cavity of the turkey.
- Put inside the cavity of the turkey the stuffing. Chopped yellow onion, parsley, carrots and celery. Use aluminium foil as plug to avoid the stuffing from falling out.
- Transfer turkey onto a roasting pan and tie legs with a kitchen string.
- Roast the turkey for about 30 to 40 minutes at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Reduce the heat to 350 for the next 2 hours and finally, reduce the heat to 225 for the remaining 1 and ½ hour.
- Poke with a knife and check if turkey juices runs clear. Remove from oven.
- Let sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Serve.
Number of Servings: 10 to 12 servings of garlic and spice rubbed roast turkey.