Pasta need not be complicated. It is often best enjoyed when you just stick the basics. This simple spectacular dish is divine. It’s a classic dish that you can pair with grilled meat, fish, and a slice of bread or a side salad. It’s a no – fuss, simple, hearty, dish you can enjoy anytime.
- ½ teaspoon of table salt or sea salt
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh peeled and minced garlic
- Crush red chili peppers to taste, optional
- 1 pound of pasta, using long and thin varieties.
- ½ cup of parsley, chopped
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Use a stock pot of water and add ½ teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Put in the pasta, make sure everything is submerged. Stir occasionally and cook only until it is al dente. Cooking time will depend on the brand used.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta. Set aside.
- Using a large wok or skillet, pour the extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté the garlic and slightly brown over medium-low heat.
- Add in the red pepper and salt, then stir.
- Adjust the fire to medium heat until the sauce is hot. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Using a kitchen tong, twirl the pasta and place on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top and serve.
Number of Serving: 3- 4 servings of garlic and olive oil pasta.