Family get together’s call for special recipes that will leave a lasting impression. Why don’t you try this fried rice with garlic shrimp and vegetables recipe during your next reunion. You will have everyone complimenting the chef!
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 12 pieces of shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ½ cup of broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- ½ cup of corn, cooked
- ½ cup of green peas, cooked
- 5 cups of day-old rice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Melt the butter in a wide pan, and sauté the minced garlic until aromatic and slightly browned.
- Add the shrimps and cook a minute per side until the color changes to pinkish hue. Set aside.
- In the same pan, pour the day-old rice and stir with the remaining butter and sautéed garlic.
- Add the broccoli, corn and green peas and stir the rice occasionally for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir until well distributed.
- Add the shrimp and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate, serve while warm.
6 servings of fried rice with garlic shrimp and vegetables.