If you’re looking for a creative and scrumptious way to cook eggplant, then you just might have found the recipe you have been long looking for. Chinese garlic sauce with eggplant won’t steer you wrong. It will make your taste buds dance a jig.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, divided
- 3 small eggplants, cut into long strips
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 1 stalk of green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of black vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a saucepan and swirl to coat.
- Add the eggplant and cook for 1-3 minutes on each side, until cooked evenly. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining cooking oil into the saucepan and sauté the garlic, chili pepper and green onion until aromatic.
- Add the eggplant, soy sauce, black vinegar and sugar into the saucepan. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer into a serving dish, serve immediately.
4 servings of Chinese garlic sauce with eggplant.