There is something about spicy food that surely whets anyone’s appetite. Try this Chinese garlic chicken recipe out today and get on board with the spice loving bandwagon. Explosions of flavour is all we promise!
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of chicken, rinsed and pat dried
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of rice wine
- 3 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, plus extra
- ¼ cup of water
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil and add in the chicken with the sauce and water.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the chicken are white and cooked through, making sure to flip the chicken on the other side every 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve while hot..
2 to 3 servings of Chinese garlic chicken.