Frittata is great for breakfast, but don’t let that stop you from having this for snack, lunch or even dinner. This open-faced, egg based Italian dish is packed with proteins to help you jumpstart your busy day.
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of white onion, chopped
- ½ cup of sliced blanched asparagus and bell peppers
- ¼ cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves of fresh peeled garlic
- Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ cup of onion chives, finely chopped
- Table or sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees.
- Cut ¼ to ½ inch off the top of the fresh garlic cloves and drizzle olive oil on the head of each garlic clove and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until garlic is tender.
- Place a non – stick skillet over medium high heat, cooking spray or oil is optional
- Whisk the egg whites, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Sauté the onions for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly caramelized.
- Add the egg white concoction into the skillet and reduce the heat to medium.
- Place the asparagus, bell peppers and onion chives in the egg white mixture before the edge sets.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the egg mixture has been cooked through. Serve.
Number of Servings: 2 servings of vegetable and roasted garlic frittata.