Sweet and Sour Garlic Chicken You will be so happy when you bite into this sweet and sour garlic chicken. Let go of the day. Everything is great again when you eat this food.
- 6 pieces of chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon lime soda
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, minced
- 3 pieces of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 pieces of sweetened pineapple rings, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Wash the chicken fillets and pat to dry.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and place into slow cooker.
- Whisk the brown sugar, white vinegar, lemon lime soda, soy sauce and fresh garlic all together. Once combine, pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Place chicken fillets in the slow cooker and top with carrots and pineapple.
- Turn on the slow cooker and cook the chicken fillets on low setting for about 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Mix the corn starch with two tablespoons of water.
- Pour the leftover sauce into a medium sized saucepan at medium high heat and add the corn starch mixture. Simmer for about 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
- Transfer chicken with the carrots and pineapple into serving dishes and pour the sauce over the chicken. Serve.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of sweet and sour garlic chicken.