This is the recipe you have been waiting for to feel like a professional chef. Whether you are feeding your family for breakfast or serving guests for the night, this dish is a winner! Everyone will just love it!
- 1 whole wheat pie crust
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 1/3 cup of fat free milk, but you can substitute if desired
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup onion chives, diced
- 1 tablespoon of light better, softened or melted
- 2 cloves of fresh peeled garlic
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Table or sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut ¼ to ½ inch off the top of the fresh garlic cloves and drizzle olive oil on the head of each garlic clove and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until garlic is tender.
- Whisk the egg whites, milk, butter, salt, pepper and paprika together.
- Cook the spinach in a small skillet over medium high heat for about 1 minute, or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Assemble the ingredients and fill the pie shell. Start with ½ cup of the cheddar cheese, spinach, mushrooms, roasted garlic pieces plus onion chives. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the egg white mixture on top of the pie crust.
- Bake the quiche for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes for the quiche to set, cut into slices and serve.
Number of servings: 8 servings of roasted garlic quiche.