It is such a gem to have roasted garlic in the kitchen. Roasting garlic is easy with this versatile process. Roasted garlic can be used in many ways, from spreads, marinades, dips, pizza topping, and sauce accompaniments. The sky is the limit!
- Olive oil
- 1 large bulb of fresh garlic
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Preheat your oven to about 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the outer layers of the garlic, but leave the skin of the cloves intact.
- Cut off about ¼ to ½ inch off the top of the clove, making sure to expose the garlic inside.
- Drizzle olive oil inside each garlic head, and then wrap the whole bulb with aluminium foil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper as desired.
- Roasting garlic should be done at about 400 Degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the garlic is soft and caramelized beautifully.
- Remove from the roasted garlic oven and let cool for a while.
- Remove the roasted garlic from the clove by squeezing it out of its skin. Serve as is or use as an ingredient for your cooking needs.
Number of Servings: Depending on usage of roasted garlic, usually good for 1 to 2 servings if used as spread or part of a dip.