Garlic Shrimp Linguine
An elegant dish for those nights when you’re feeling fancy or when you have guests. Soon, you’ll be finding yourself entertaining more with this chart topping dish.
- 8 ounces of wheat linguine pasta
- 1 pound of uncooked shrimp, deveined
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- 6 cloves of fresh peeled garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of shallots, chopped
- 1/3 cup of basil, finely chopped
- 3 ounces of sun – dried tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of light butter
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of red chili peppers, crushed
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Cook the pasta, following package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté shallots and fresh garlic for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Melt butter over medium low heat and add the wine.
- Add the shrimp and sun – dried tomatoes. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Stir in the basil, lemon juice and crushed red chili peppers. Season with salt and pepper as desired and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Twirl pasta into serving plates. Pour the sauce over each individual plates and garnish with parsley. Serve.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic shrimp linguine.