Naan is delicious Middle Eastern bread. It has been cooked for thousands of years. When you make garlic naan you will have a truly delicious bread for you and your family to enjoy.
- 10 ounces of white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon of table salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander leaves
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 30 ounces of lukewarm water
- 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, plus extra for brushing
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt. Add the garlic, coriander and yeast in the dry mixture.
- Make a well in the center and add the honey, water, yogurt and oil in. Stir to combine until the mixture comes together.
- Knead the dough for several minutes, until it doesn’t stick to the bowl anymore. Transfer to lightly floured surface and knead again for about 10 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Using a pastry brush, apply oil on the bowl. Shape the dough into a ball and transfer back to the bowl. Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Scoop out the dough and transfer on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 8 equal sized balls and cover with plastic wrap for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to about 475 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough balls into teardrop shapes.
- Place flattened dough shapes into a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the dough puffs up.
- Transfer the naan and continue cooking on a preheated grill pan for 3 minutes more. Brush with vegetable oil as desired. Transfer the naan into a serving platter and serve while warm.
Number of Servings: 4 servings of garlic naan.