If this is the first time cooking Brussels sprouts, then you are in for a real treat! Garlic Brussels sprouts with Parmesan is one of the easiest ways to cook this dark horse of a vegetable. Cook this for your kids and you will convert the pickiest of eaters into vegetable ninjas. This can be served immediately, but it is also good as a cold leftover.
- 2 pounds of brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Wash, trim and cut the brussel sprouts in half.
- Boil the brussel sprouts for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired crunchiness is achieved.
- Strain the brussel sprouts and submerge in cool water.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the chopped fresh garlic for about 1 to 2 minutes under medium heat, or until slightly golden brown.
- Add the boiled brussel sprouts in the pan and sauté for 2 minutes and repeat on the other side.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove from heat and transfer into a serving dish. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and let sit for about 2 to 5 minutes to intensify the flavour. Serve.
Number of Servings: 6 servings of garlic brussel sprouts.