Garlic BBQ Pork
The secret to any good barbecue lies in the marinade, and the time it is allowed to soak. Remember these two crucial steps and your guests will rave about your juicy, tasty barbecues!
- 750 grams of pork rump
- 1/3 cup of pineapple juice
- ½ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons or more of fresh peeled garlic, minced
- 1 bulb of onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of tomato catsup
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 15 metal skewers
- Open your Garlic Shaker®. Toss an entire head of garlic into it. Close the lids. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Open a lid. Pour out the peeled cloves.
- Slice the pork meat into ¼ inch slices, then cut the slices into 2” x 3” pieces. Wash and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, tomato catsup, black pepper and sugar together. Add the meat and mix well to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour at the least, 1 day if you really want to go for it, mixing as often as possible.
- Preheat your gas or start the fire in your charcoal barbecue grill.
- Thread up to 5 pieces of marinated pork with a metal skewer process until all meat has been skewered, or leave on the bone if that’s favourite.
- Set aside the marinade for basting.
- Place the skewered meat in a single line and baste with the leftover marinade every few minutes on both sides. Cook the pork meat until the desired doneness is desired, or until the juices run clear.
Number of Servings: 15 servings of garlic barbeque pork.